Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Twine Leads The Way To Web 3.0

It's been a while since my last entry, my apologies. Largely due to the revamping of our own website at gnidesign and an overload of Search Engine Optimization projects. But with the Thanksgiving holiday break I finally have some time to catch up. So without further adue... let's talk about Twine as it relates to your small business and social networking.


What is Twine?
Not to be confused with my Raleigh, NC based social media guru friends at Twine Interactive, Twine is a new type of social network that I find extremely useful. They push the limits beyond the typical bookmarking website and implement some neat Web 3.0 ideaologies. Twine.com offers the ability to gather and stay on top of your interests by providing a method of managing and sharing your knowledge on the web.


I like Twine over other bookmarking websites because of its collective intelligence of both machines and humans. OK, so what does that mean? Like Delicious and Digg bookmarking web sites, you can use Twine as a collection of information that you've acquired. However, by teaming up with other twine social media users, you begin to reap the benefits of a live and growing collection of information based on your specific interests. These collections are called Twines.


The content on twine is added by humans but then the machine logic adds semantic web tags to your content which enables automatic organizing of your information. On the the social media end of Twine. As you add content to your Twine profile, the engine helps you to discover new people and thought leaders who share the same interests as you.


So whether your interests are seo, web design, computer science, football, cooking or scrap booking. Twine is a great place to meet other folks who share those interests and collaborate on new ideas.


Until next time...


Happy Coding


Bill @ gnidesign

3 comments:

Jennafleur @ Twine Interactive said...

Thanks for the shout out, Bill. Nice article!

AlokSaldanha said...

I love twine and I like to click on the links they send me in my email digest, but I don't often go back to the site. I wonder if this is why their compete.com uniques are down- it is kind of a set-it-and-forget-it service.

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am definitely glad to discover this. cool job!